Find a Provider
APHCA Quality Staff provide Training/Technical Assistance support throughout the Meaningful Use project, Providing guidance and assistance as the CHC progresses successfully through the Meaningful Use Stages. The Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs provide incentive payments to eligible professionals, eligible hospitals, and critical access hospitals (CAHs) as they adopt, implement, upgrade or demonstrate meaningful use of certified EHR technology.
Are you ready to begin participation in the EHR Incentive Programs? Here are some important steps to take:
- Determine your eligibility to participate in the Medicare and/or Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs.
- Prepare for registration.
- Register to participate in the Medicare and/or Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs. You must register with CMS online.
- Determine certification of your EHR system. To determine if an EHR system is currently certified, view the ONC Certified Health IT Product List (CHPL).
- Meet meaningful use requirements and prepare for attestation.
- Attest that you have met the thresholds and all of the requirements of the Medicare or Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs.
- Retain proper documentation in case of an audit. Note: You may be audited prior to receiving payment.
Continue reporting meaningful use data every year, and avoid Medicare payment adjustments.
Clinical quality measures, or CQMs, are tools that help measure and track the quality of health care services provided by eligible professionals, eligible hospitals and critical access hospitals (CAHs) within our health care system. These measures use data associated with providers’ ability to deliver high-quality care or relate to long term goals for quality health care. CQMs measure many aspects of patient care including:
- health outcomes
- clinical processes
- patient safety
- efficient use of health care resources
- care coordination
- patient engagements
- population and public health
- adherence to clinical guidelines
Measuring and reporting CQMs help to ensure that our health care system is delivering effective, safe, efficient, patient-centered, equitable, and timely care. To participate in the Medicaid Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Programs and receive an incentive payment, providers are required to submit CQM data from certified EHR technology. To participate in the Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs and receive an incentive payment, providers are required to submit CQM data from certified EHR technology.