Find a Provider
APHCA learning communities are designed to facilitate best practices, lessons learned, and strategies among members. Learning community calls take place monthly/bi-monthly and are focused on topics directly impacting and addressing the needs of core operational areas. APHCA currently has 6 learning communities:
- Human Resources – This community addresses workforce issues including human resources, credentialing of health care providers, recruitment and retention.
- Coding, Billing, and Reimbursement – This community focuses on the issues that directly affect medical billing and coding as well as issues that affect the future of coding and reimbursement.
- Outreach and Enrollment – This learning community focuses on education and outreach strategies related to enrollment services and support for Medicaid, CHIP, and the Health Insurance Marketplace. Additionally, the community provides in-service and best practice sharing for community based marketing and advocacy strategies.
- Quality – The Quality learning community is specifically designed to support quality improvement efforts within health centers and includes both management, administrative and clinical staff. The community provides education on regulatory, operational and clinical issues including performance metrics, data collection, reporting, analysis, Meaningful Use, PCMH, and best practices with regard to the ever-changing health care environment.
- Finance – The APHCA Financial Learning community works to encourage and improve the refinement and understanding of health care related financial topics with the assistance of subject matter experts.
- Special Populations - The Special Populations Learning Community provides continued education and spreading best practices on strategies and initiatives to better serve Alabama’s special needs populations such as the homeless, migrant workers, and public housing residents.